Partner and Chairperson of the Practice Management Committee
Chifundo is a consultant in the corporate practice of the firm. He also heads the Practice Management Committee of the firm. Chifundo graduated from the University of Malawi in 1997 with a Bachelor of Laws Honours degree. He has 24 years of experience in corporate law. He has birthed companies through incorporation. He has advised companies throughout their growth in respect of corporate finance, share transfers, and regulatory compliance. He has extensive expertise in insolvency law and to this end, he has given many advisory opinions to shareholders, liquidators, directors, and other stakeholders during the insolvency process.
Chifundo has also lectured corporate law at the University of Malawi, the Polytechnic, Botswana Accountancy College, and Botswana Institute of Bankers. He also holds a certificate in Legal Drafting from the University of Cape Town which has enabled him to draft transactional and related documents on behalf of companies
- Bemitech Limited/ CENA PAY- preparing incorporation documents and registering an external company in Malawi and applying for an e- payment licence with the Reserve Bank of Malawi.
- Lujeri Estates Limited– drafting and registering a security agency trust deed and security sharing agreement between three major banks in Malawi worth including preparing debentures, filing and registering attendant security documents.
- ADUS Radio and Television Station– incorporating the company, arranging and summoning the inaugural meeting of shareholders and directors and liaising with the Malawi Communications Regulatory/.,mn Authority in respect of a broadcasting licence.
- Mlambe Health and Social Trust– sitting on the board of Trustee of the charitable Non-Governmental Organisation and advising the trust on regulatory compliance.
- Malawi Fertilizer Company Limited- drafting and vetting agreements and offering advisory services to Malawi Fertilizer Company Limited for their Liwonde Fertilizer Plant project worth US$ 6 Million.
- Project Acre- leading the legal due diligence team in undertaking a legal due-diligence on an agricultural company on behalf of a financial institution in respect of regulatory compliance and producing legal due diligence reports to enable the financial institution to decide on whether to extend a loan facility to the agricultural company or buy equity in the agricultural company.
- AFRIMAX Limited – providing advisory service on regulatory compliance with the corporate law in respect of company registers, filing of regulatory returns, keeping minutes of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings and filing of financial statements. . Advisory service on the increase of share capital, allotment of shares to new shareholders and share transfer.
- Agrifeeds Limited (in Liquidation)- advisory services to the Liquidator on how to liquidate the company assets and satisfy all the creditors including advising the Liquidator during creditors’ meetings.
- Cane Products Limited (in Liquidation)- advisory service to the co-liquidator on the law relating to acceptance of creditors’ claims and how to complete the liquidation process.