Doreen is an Associate in our Firm. Even though she is equipped and experienced to handle any nature of instructions, her main focus areas are corporate finance and commercial law. In the area, she can ably handle local and cross-border instructions. Her clients include leading banks and corporates, start-ups, investors, insurers, and credit providers.
As a corporate finance lawyer, she can advise public and private companies, and other organizations on areas including but not limited to corporate transactions, structure, governance, capital markets, and modes of financing companies and businesses. In order to deliver the best quality service, she can work with specialists across the firm depending on the nature of instructions.
Doreen graduated from University of Malawi, Chancellor College in 2018. She was admitted to the bar to practice in the Malawi Supreme Court of Appeal, the High Court of Malawi and all Courts subordinate thereto in the same year. She subsequently attended the University of Cape Town for short courses; one is a course on Effective Legal Writing, and the other being a short course in Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance.
- Africa Investment Group Limited [AIG]: Advising AIG, a multinational company [with offices in several countries including Switzerland, Seychelles and Mauritius] in its farm in-put trade transactions with local businesses. AIG trades big volumes of agriculture inputs [such as fertilizers and allied products] with major agriculture-related companies in Malawi including ADMARC, Auction Holdings Limited and Agriculture Trading Company Limited. Litigation services in disputes, specifically debt collection, against a local agriculture company, ADMARC, arising out of the supply of fertilizer by AIG worth over US$ 1.8 million.
- FDH Financial Holdings Limited: Rendering transactional, advisory and dispute settlement services. The nature of instructions handled arises from bank loans, employment relations issues, and regulatory compliance.
- Liberty Insurance Company Limited: Litigation and advisory services bordering on execution and actualization of insurance policies and guarantees. Recently handled instructions to recover money arising out of a guarantee issued by the company to another insurance company on behalf of a local business, Ellna General Dealers, worth the sum of MK 500 million where the sum of MK 331 million was due and payable by the local company.
- Admike Import and Export [AIE]: Representing AIE in its debt recovery claim against ADMARC for the sum of around USD 2.3 million.
- OG Plastic Industries  Limited: Enforcing arbitration agreement against a former Managing Director who had fraudulently converted finances in the sum of over USD 1.5 million to his own use.
- Malawi Fertilizer Company Limited [MFC]: Drafting and advising on construction and financing contracts between MFC [Employer] and SR Nicholas Limited [the Contractor] and a project engineer for a fertilizer loading bay in Liwonde in Malawi with a total value of over USD 6 million.
- MBL Holdings Limited: Representing the holding company and all its subsidiaries including but not limited Mulli Brothers Limited, Celcom Limited, and Chitakale Plantations Limited on some commercial transactions, labour law, and banking law transactions.
- Transglobe Produce Exports Limited [TPE]: Representing and advising on commercial transactions and defamation claims of TPE together with its subsidiaries/associated companies such as Afri-Brands Limited.
- Member, Malawi Law Society
Prior and Present Employment
- Associate, Ritz Attorneys at Law [2018 to date]