Head of Legal -Dispute Settlement Services
Gonjetso Dikiya is the Head of Legal Services at Ritz Attorneys at Law-Dispute Settlement Services. He also heads the Telecommunications and Transport Law department. Gonjetso is an ardent telecommunications lawyer but he also has vast general litigation experience and expertise. His main areas of interest are telecommunications transaction services, telecommunications mergers and acquisitions, spectrum access and use, authorizations and licensing, foreign ownership approvals, regulatory compliance, content provision, infrastructure deployment, and outsourcing of mobile network management. He also focuses on the interface between intellectual property law and the modern information economy. To this end, he works in close connection with our intellectual law department.
Gonjetso has experience in several advice areas. These include but are not limited to licensing for telecommunications services, dispute resolution in telecommunications contracts, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, litigation, mediation, arbitration, regulatory compliance, and general consultancy services. His clients include leading telecommunication services providers, media houses, corporates, and start-ups.
Gonjetso graduated from the University of Malawi in 2018. He was subsequently admitted to practice law in the Malawi Supreme Court of Appeal, the High Court of Malawi and all Courts subordinate thereto, in the same year. He has currently finished his postgraduate LLM studies in Information and Communications law at the University of the Witwatersrand. His LLM focused on aspects of Telecommunications Law, Privacy Law, Media Law, Intellectual Property, and Cyberlaw. Aside from these qualifications, he has also attended continuous development training with the Link Centre at the University of the Witwatersrand where he was awarded a certificate of competence in Broadcasting and Digital Media Policy Regulatory Trends. He has also attended training at the University of Capetown in Effective Legal Writing.
- SITA- Offered advice on regulatory requirements for registration of radiofrequency licences for Chileka Airport.
- Afrimax Limited: Advisory services to Afrimax on telecommunications contracts employment, and regulatory compliance.
- Timveni Radio– Litigation services in relation to frequency spectrum allocation disputes.
- Access Communications Limited– Litigation services for disputes arising out of telecommunications infrastructure services contracts.
- FDH Financial Holdings Limited: Rendering advisory, debt collection, and dispute settlement services.
- MyBucks Banking Corporation Limited: Providing debt collection services and enforcement of bank loan guarantee schemes.
- Malawi Fertilizer Company Limited [MFC]: Drafting and advising on construction and financing contracts between MFC [Employer] and SR Nicholas Limited [the Contractor] and a project engineer for a fertilizer loading bay in Liwonde in Malawi with a total value of over USD 6 million.
- Cement Products Ltd: Challenging the registration of an arbitral award in the following arbitration conducted in London.
- Blue Deebaj FZ Company and Africa Fertilizers Ltd: Litigation services over contractual disputes.
- Anchor Industries: Legal advisory and debt collection services.
- Transglobe Produce Exports Limited: Legal advisory and debt collection services.
- Member, Malawi Law Society
- Member, International Bar Association
- Prospective member, International Institute of Communications
Prior and Present Employment
- Public Relations Officer- Ritz Attorneys at Law
- Heal of Legal-Dispute Settlement Services-Ritz Attorneys at Law