Head of Finance and Administration
Lusungu Gondwe is the managing partner of our Practice. He holds a Bachelors of Laws [Honours] Degree from the Chancellor College Law School University of Malawi obtained in 2008.
Lusungu launched his career at the Malawi Judiciary as Senior Resident Magistrate. He later practiced at Ralph and Anolds Associates before co-founding Ritz Attorneys –at- Law. He is duly admitted to practice in all courts and tribunals in Malawi.
Lusungu is an avid student of financial services law including but not limited to banking, corporate finance, securities, project finance, cross-border lending. He has keen interest in both transactional and litigation aspects of financial in services law. Most of his work involves litigation for and advise to banks and their customers, insurance companies, the stock exchange, discount housing, pension fund, exchange control and generally the financial services in Malawi
- Banking and Finance
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Lusungu was called to the Malawi Bar in 2008. He practices in the Malawi Supreme Court of Appeal, The High Court of Malawi, and all courts subordinate thereto
Education and Trainings
- 2018 – Certificate for Accelerated Leadership Program, Havard Law School – Executive Education
- 2017 – Certificate – Membership to the Chartered Institute of Abitrators – Kenya Branch
- 2008 – Bachelor of Laws [LLB, Hons], Chancellor College Law School, University of Malawi
- Financial Services Law – Litigation and Transactional Work
- Dispute Resolution – Both litigation and Arbitration