John Chisomo Kalampa obtained his Bachelor of Laws [Honours] degree from the University of Malawi, Chancellor College. He was subsequently called to the bar in December 2019.
He has worked as a research assistant for various domestic and international University Professors on research work ranging from financial services, employment, administrative law, constitutional law, land law, and human rights. Has also interned at Savjani & Co. for 2 years before joining Ritz Attorneys as an intern for another 2 years before becoming an Associate. John is also a Certified Insolvency Practitioner.
- Land Law
- Securities Law
- Insolvency Law
- Corporate Finance, particularly mergers and acquisitions and legal due diligence
- Drafting contractual and other documents
- Administrative Law
- Environmental Law
Education and Training
2019 – Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Malawi, Chancellor College.
2019 – Certificate in Corporate Finance from the Corporate Finance Institute
2020 – Certificate in Mergers and Acquisitions from the New York Institute of Finance
- Securities law e.g. mortgages and charges – transactional and litigation work
- Land law – transactional and litigation work
- Insolvency law and practice – company reorganization, liquidation, and litigation
- Corporate law and practice, particularly mergers and acquisitions and legal due diligence
Insolvency Law and Practice
We are one of the few Legal Practitioners who are also certified Insolvency Practitioners in Malawi. Our legal background, training in finance and insolvency as well as our experience in the field allows us to provide reorganization, liquidation, receivership, and legal representation services whether in or out of court proceedings.