Madalo Banda is an Associate with 4 years standing at the Malawi Bar. She has vast experience in corporate law, employment law, banking and finance law and company law but has chosen to orient her practice towards intellectual property law. She has a background in not only intellectual property registration, but also advisory services, intellectual property mediation and arbitration; and intellectual property litigation. Her interests span a broad range of areas within the intellectual property law realm including its correlation with other areas of law including criminal, competition and tax law. She has experience in cross border trademark litigation, alternative dispute resolution in intellectual property, trademark, industrial design and patent registration, as well as international intellectual property advisory services.
- Yewo Industries Limited: Advising and eventual litigation of a Trademark related dispute involving issues of Trademark infringement.
- International Intellectual Property Registration: Registration of Trademarks for various International companies within Malawi.
- Chibuku Products Limited: advised the Client regarding a cross-border Trademark dispute with another company with a similar Trademark. Also involved in litigating the said matter with an estimated value of USD10,000,000.00.
- Crown Products Limited: Advisory and litigative services for a Malawian company regarding a cross-border trademark dispute involving a foreign manufacturer.
- International IP Advisory: collaborated with various international firms and companies to render Intellectual Law advice. Notably worked with a USA-based firm on research for criminal liability of Intellectual property infringement in Malawi.
Malawi Law Society
Prior and Present Employment
Associate, Ritz Attorneys at Law, 2017 to date