Head of Legal
Zwelithini Chipembere is the Head of Legal Department of our Practice. He holds a Bachelors of Laws [Honours] Degree from the Chancellor College Law School University of Malawi obtained in 2012.
Zwelithini launched his career at the Malawi Judiciary as Senior Resident Magistrate. He later practiced at D & A Attorneys, JB Suzi and Company before joining Ritz Attorneys –at- Law. He is duly admitted to practice in all courts and tribunals in Malawi.
Zwelithini’s area of interest is Public Private Partnerships (PPP) including but not limited to Alternative Dispute Resolution, International Investment Treaties, Investor-State arbitration, Drafting in concession agreements and project finance. His interest extends to transactional and litigation aspects of PPP. Most of his work involves litigation for and advise to government agencies, banks and insurance companies.
- Public Private Partnerships
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Zwelithini was called to the Malawi Bar in 2013. He practices in the Malawi Supreme Court of Appeal, The High Court of Malawi, and all courts subordinate thereto
Education and Trainings
- 2017 – Certificate in Understanding, Drafting and Negotiating Contracts, International Law Institute in association with Georgetown University
- 2012 – Bachelor of Laws [LLB, Hons], Chancellor College Law School, University of Malawi
- Public Private Partnerships – Litigation and Transactional Work
- Dispute Resolution – Both litigation and Arbitration